- At conception, a person receives power to take action in living life.
- Each person has responsibility for and control over his or her actions.
- A person knows self better than anyone else can know self.
- Dignity is a quality of being human.
- A person can be assisted in a way that benefits self and others
Announcements & Events
Program of Study 501
Begins May 4 thru June 8
Institute of Kinlein—Midtown Anchorage
Thursdays, 10 am to 12:30 pm AST
Participation by video conferencing possible
Zoom Book Club
Begins in May
Contact Victoria Jenkins
The Profession of Kinlein emerged from a desire to help people in a way that recognizes the innate dignity of the person and the power to take action, uniquely and purposefully, in living life.
This website is designed to introduce the PRACTICE of KINLEIN in assisting persons and to outline opportunities in LEARNING about:
- a new view of being human
- the way of assisting a person
- a new approach in teaching and learning
Caring with people
Kinleiners assist persons in any aspect of life: work life, home life, figuring things out, getting along with others, parenting, loving one another, health, and whatever else life brings. The process of assisting is called caring-with. The term caring-with distinguishes the nature of kinleinal care from other forms such as "taking care of", "caring for", or "giving care to". Kinleiners meet with clients in office appointments or in other settings where one or more persons desire to be assisted.
Kinleiners are certified through the American Kinlein Association.Learn more
Learning in the Profession of Kinlein
Living life with other human beings can be a complex business. Classes offered by kinleiners in the community or through the Institute of Kinlein can be life changing. These classes address living through the complexities from a view of being human that incorporates:
- a new understanding of the human being that underscores human dignity, responsibility and control,
- the idea that relationships can be navigated in ways that bring benefit to those involved, family, friends and community.
- philosophy, i.e., love of wisdom, applied in living life
The whole of the profession of kinlein is dedicated to bringing benefit to humankind through its practice, education, and research. Its body of knowledge builds on and from all that is good and helpful and valuable in being human.